Friday, June 3, 2011

Who Wants To Get To Know A SEXPOT SHAWTY!!!???

Whats good, Junkies?  I know I haven't done a blog in a few weeks, but I'm back now, and brought back something HOTT!!!  I'm super excited about this interview I did in Atlanta!  And I want you all to be too! 

I want to let him introduce himself, but I know you all will really enjoy this interview!  Plus at the end of the interview, I will post a teaser of the upcoming video...  Babe? Come on and introduce yourself to the people...!

*MY EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH JARROD!!!!*


For all the people out there reading this, tell me EXACTLY what name you want on everyones lips? What everyone should know you as...?- " What UP!!??? And of course, Jarrod!"

Where are you from? Are you from GA, and if so, exactly where?- " I was born and raised in an Atlanta suburb Lithonia, Ga (Eastside) thats about 18 minutes outside the city"

Describe your music for me? How would you describe it to those who are just getting to know you?- "Its New, Fresh, Rock, Pop, RnB, Summertime, Wintertime, Fall, its Music! Lol i like to call it Urban Alternative! a fusion that is unique and energetic"

Who or what are some of your influences in music? Like who did you listen to when you were growing up?- "There were alot of artists I listened to growing up!  I would listen to anything from No Doubt to 112, Aerosmith, SWV, Mariah Carey, En Vogue, Outkast,.. Lenny Kravitz, Destiny's Child , Justin Timberlake, T.I.P .. I also got alot of my inspiration to create fantasy worlds by all the Disney soundtracks I listened to growing up!"

When in your life did you know that music was what you wanted to pursue as a career?- " From JUMP! Growing up, I use to blast my parents surround sound with recorded VMA performances as well as Music Videos and learn and rehearse all these routines and create my own headlining concerts! lololol sometimes I would do Outfit changes! LOL so therefore I always knew!"

When did you write your first song, and do you remember what it was?- " I wrote my first song when I was 17 (full song); it was called "WHY"...lol so generic.. it was about a girl leaving me at the end I would belt out "Cause True love is leaving MEEE!" Lol but it was the dopest experience!! I recorded the song myself on my Moms Sound recorder on the desktop!"

What kind of people do you surround yourself with?- "I am always surrounded by creative and talented people.. I have alot of friends with ALOT of UNIQUE talents... I'll just say that! But sometimes there is too much Ego in the air! LOL!"

If you had to describe your music in three or four words, how would you?- " ECLECTIC, FUN, EDGE, and SEX" ~ Oh, shit, Jarrod! LOL!  VERY expressive words, huh? LOL!

How would you describe your style (fashion)?- "Imma "simplicity is key" type dude.. Since my music is so energetic and so am I as a person, my fashion is the exact opposite.. I am all about a simple shirt and a DOPE neck piece and a fly shoe.. the JEANS or PANTS must fit perfectly!"

Do you have any favorite designers, and what do you wear the most of?- " I actually do have some favorite designers.. Kenneth Cole is extremely dope to me! I have always rocked with Ben Sherman since I was younger.. I'm from the suburbs, so I have always been a Ralph Lauren fan.. but honestly I'm a Thrift Store kinda guy.. but my jewelry always has to make a statement.." I feel you on the 'burbs, and the jewels babe!

What do you think your "big break" has been so far in your music career?- " My whole journey has felt like a big break, but when I inked Shawnna and Bohagon on my first single "SEXPOT" I felt lifted onto a platform only because they are such huge veterans in the game. They know the streets and the ins and outs so I feel protected in a sense. But I look at any opportunity as a "big break" at the end of the night!" I know that's humbling...

Who are some of the artists you have worked with so far? and who would you LIKE to work with in the future?- " I am working with up and coming Artists that have started a movement (Bob Swaggit, Fred Marshall , TendaBerry ( Indie Band) Bliss, JSOUL (Producer) ) I'm really looking forward to the future... would love to get into the studio with The Neptunes, Kanye West and the whole G.O.O.D music camp, Mark Ronson, Lenny Kravitz, Destinys Child, Bangledesh, so many people!"



Alright now remember I told you I would throw in some off the wall questions? Lol! Here's one... I have A LOT of ladies that check the blog all the time, so with that being said, what do you wear to sleep at night (i.e.- just underwear, full on pajamas, basketball shorts, commando, etc)?- " LOL.. it depends on how I'm feelin or how drunk I am! On a chill night.. I sleep in my underwear that I wore that day.. on an intimate night I'll wear a dope ass pair of boxer briefs.. but on a drunken night...I dont know what I wore to bed until I wake up! lol"

On any given day in the A, what can I catch you out doing? And wearing?- "I DO ALOT in ATLANTA! But usually during the day you will either catch me on a lunch meeting or even doing regular human stuff! lol ... if I'm in work mode I'm probably on the phone in my truck or on my way to record, rehearse or meet about something thats about something else thats gon help something else! lol"

How long have you been performing live?-" I have been performing live since I was a kid.. i.e- school plays and musicals... and it was just a smooth transition into what I'm doing now.. I was always studying the VMA's and the Grammy's on how to perform and rise to the occasion!"

What do you feel distinguishes you as "an artist" and not just a musician?- "The fact that this is my vision.. its something I have always thought of... and the natural transition in producing and writing my music.. just being responsible for my instrument and craft"

What are your immediate career goals as far as your music is concerned (like in the next 1 to 3 yrs)?- "In the next 3 years I plan on being a household name and a leader of a movement... I see myself remaining humble and focused.. and being even more focused than before... I see two more albums.. groundbreaking collabs.. the whole works!!"

If you had the opportunity to change something about the music industry, what would it be?- "The only thing I would change is the filter.. I want all artists to be the artists they see in their own eyes.. "

What has been one of the biggest challenges for you so far?- "Kicking down the front door! so thats why I'm sneakin in through the BACK! HA!"

Another out of place question... lol! Are you single?- "YES! I AM SINGLE!! SINGLE, SINGLE, SINGLE! lol"

Another one... If you are single, what are you looking for/ your type?- "Im really looking for a chick who has a dope personality and is hot at the same time! But I'm a nut case so she has to be able to handle that too! lol"

Which do you feel more comfortable with, performing live, or in the studio?- "I LOVE BOTH, but performing live is so organic! its the real thing..no gimmicks.. I'll take performing live for 500!"

Someone once said write what you would want to perform over and over. With that in mind, what song do you love to perform the most?- " I love performing #2 on my C.D "Confessions Of A Parti Animal" . the song is called "Running Away" , its a fun and meaningful record and I always feel like I'm running away while I'm on stage performing it! AWESOME ENERGY!"

What are your long term goals as an artist?- "My long term goals as an artist are History Books, Sellout Tours, Platinum Albums, A loyal fan-base, having songs that are significant to peoples daily lives! Maintaining an impression on the world.... all the cool stuff!"

What's the most bizarre thing that has happened to you during a performance?- " LOL .. when I was performing in Rhode Island.. this old lady (Mid 60s ) came onto stage while I was performing a slow song with a drink in her hand and started giving me a lap dance... and pulled her breast out.. mind you this was a Fathers Day Brunch...LOL.. not Woodstock! but it was totally fun! and hilarious! My grandmother came and snatched her off the stage.. and that was the closing of my show! LOL!"

What's the furthest show that you've done?- " The furthest show from Atlanta was in the Bronx, for a HOT 97 showcase.. I was the only singer! and got alot of respect for that! I'll never forget that show!"


What did you do before you really got into your music?- " It really depends on how im feelin and what im recording... an Herbal refreshment is always cool.. but if I'm recording a powerful song I leave that alone! lol I really just zone out everything around me and go to work.. its the only time I feel completely in control.."

What makes you and your music different and unique in comparison with other artists?- "Its something new! I dont sound like anyone and its coming from me and my vision.. Its Rock and Roll.. its smooth .. its jammin.. its Everything. My music is not just a one stop shop"

Who or what would you say is your demographic/ your fan base?- " My demographic and  fan-base is anyone who believes they can change the world...anyone who enjoys good music or has a strong sense of independence.. any age, race, or color"

What producers have you or want to work with?- "EVERYBODY I SAID IN QUESTION #12 and I am my main producer along with JSOUL, BOOGIELOV, and TAYLORMADEIT. the list is growing as we speak!"

Now I LOVE "Sexpot!" So you gotta tell me, where did the idea for the song come from? How did the song come about? And damn it, why wasn't I in the video...? HAHAHAAAA!!!!- ""SEXPOT" is a double meaning... back in the day our parents and aunt and uncles used the word "SEXPOT" to describe a girl who exuded sex and sensuality .. so I flipped it and incorporated two things that make my party start and creates and perfect night for me.. and thats Sex and Mary J.. by no means am I encouraging an everyday party! (unless u want too!?) But, if you feel the need to kick back and have a good time I'm encouraging you to try it.. you may wake up a happy camper!"

When can we expect the video? Ya know I'm gonna premier it on the blog as well!- "Thanks that sound awesome!! I would say expect the video mid june! I'm just as excited as u are!!"

Let everyone know about the album!!!- "The album is titled "Confessions Of A Parti Animal" it can be purchased and previewed on all your major online carriers!! You can also visit my website to hear my single "SEXPOT" ft. SHAWNNA & BOHAGON as well as preview my album and check out my whole team!! The website is really cool.. Also be on the look out for my mixtape coming sooner than you think (JULY) and also my new project enititled  "ROAD-TRIP" is being stirred up as we speak!! "

How can any and everyone get in contact with you? Let 'em know!- "You can find me on Facebook (facebook.com/JarrodYoung) on twitter (@HeyitsJARROD) my companies twitter (@MulletRocks) and a good old fashion google could work too!"

Let the readers know about any upcoming performances, tour dates, club appearances, etc...- "All of my upcoming tours, performances, etc. will be announced VERY SOON!! be prepared for a great summer ; )"

I'm soooo STOOPID happy to have done this interview with you, Boo!  Love the single, loving the teaser, and loving talking with YOU!!!  I can't wait for our lunch date! Lol!  Know that I WILL be there for the launch party, just make sure you spell my name right on the guest list, LMAO!!!  I really hope you all enjoy the teaser, and i KNOW you all will enjoy the song in its entirety when the video is released! ENJOY!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment